We are excited to announce that we will be opening our new, in-office surgery suite to perform Uterine Fibroid Embolization within the next month!
We will now be able to schedule UFE procedures to treat uterine fibroids at our Bellaire Houston Fibroids office. Uterine Fibroid Embolization is an alternative treatment for symptomatic uterine fibroids that allows for a quicker and easier recovery compared to a myomectomy or hysterectomy.
Benefits of an In-Office Surgery Suite
There are many benefits for patients scheduling a procedure at an in-office surgery suite as opposed to a hospital.
- Convenience: patients are able to schedule their UFE appointment directly with the team at Houston Fibroids. For that reason, appointments are more flexible and it’s less hassle for the patient who is already familiar with our office location and our team.
- Increased privacy and comfort: when the procedure is performed in our office, patients work closely with our team in a smaller, less crowded environment.
- Lower risk of illness or infection: having UFE done at our office allows patients to avoid the germs and risk of infection from a hospital.
Benefits of UFE
Many women aren’t offered UFE as a treatment to their uterine fibroids and symptoms. The benefits of Uterine Artery Embolization, in a hospital setting or surgery suite, include:
- Preservation of the uterus
- Decreased symptoms, including heavy bleeding, urinary incontinence, pelvic pain, enlarged abdomen, pain during sex, and constipation
- Shorter stay after the procedure
- Fewer complications
Dr. Fox and Dr. Hardee also offer trans-radial access for UFE, where the treatment is perform through an artery in the wrist compared to an artery in the upper thigh. This technique results in even less pain and discomfort, since patients are able to sit upright immediately following the procedure.
Discussing Your Fibroid Treatment Options
To schedule your initial consultation at Houston Fibroids in Katy or Bellaire, fill out our online form or call our office at (713) 575-3686. We will begin scheduling procedures in our office suite shortly.